The benefits of social care
Working in adult social care is not just an emotionally rewarding role, it’s one of the most varied too. Working with a range of people with different care needs means every day is different to the next.
- One of the most in-demand and rewarding roles in the UK.
- The opportunity to train as you learn.
- Ongoing career progression and training opportunities.
- Long-term employment prospects and job security.
What is adult social care?
To work in adult social care, you’ll need to have good communication skills and a desire to help others.
- You’ll support people who need additional help to live independently.
- You could support someone in their own home or a residential home, or invite someone to live with you through a Shared Lives scheme.
- You’ll have plenty of opportunity to progress and gain formal qualifications whilst you work.