Care Certificate Celebration Day
The Care Certificate is used by Health and Care organisations all over the country and is an identified set of standards that Health and Care professionals adhere to in their daily working life.
Designed with the unregistered workforce in mind, the Care Certificate gives everyone the confidence that Health and Care professionals have the same introductory skills, knowledge and behaviours to provide compassionate, safe and high-quality care and support.
- 5th December National Webinar with guest speakers – Click here to register
- 6th December Support Worker Voice – personal experience of completing the Care Certificate – click here for further information
The Care Certificate was developed jointly by Skills for Health, Health Education England and Skills for Care and is based on 15 standards, all of which individuals need to complete in full before they can be awarded their certificate:
- Understand your role
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disability
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding Children
- Basic Life Support
- Health and Safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
Each standard is underpinned by full learning outcomes and assessment criteria.