We are working with our local NHS services across Nottinghamshire to recruit Healthcare Support Workers. CARE4Notts are able to offer you guidance or support with your application and interview.
A Healthcare Support Worker (HCSW) in the NHS typically works in one of seven settings:
- Mental Health – helping with the care, treatment and recovery of patients.
- Community – working with GPs and nursing teams to deliver and manage care in a patient’s home or community-based healthcare setting.
- Primary Care – assessing new patients and supporting the wider GP surgery medical and nursing team.
- Hospital – supporting patients and managing daily activities.
- Midwifery – working on the maternity ward, supporting new parents and their babies.
- Children’s Services – working with nurses to support outpatient clinics and school clinics.
- Learning Disability – helping people with learning disabilities or autism to learn new skills and reach a level of independence.
In the NHS there are no set entry requirements to become a healthcare support worker, but good literacy and numeracy skills are preferred. You will also need a healthcare qualification such as a BTEC or NVQ for our Band 3 roles. For some roles, some experience of healthcare or care work may be beneficial – this could be from paid or voluntary work, or through experience, you bring in from previous roles. But academic qualifications aren’t everything. You’ll also need to be caring, kind and willing to really get stuck into the role – it’s a hands-on environment where teamwork, communication and organisational skills are vital.
Have any questions – watch this video to find out more
We can help you apply
If you would like to speak to us about the role or would like some help with your application or interview skills please call Emma on 07385 948875 or email email@example.com
If you are ready to apply please use the links below for the latest jobs:
|Sherwood Forest Hospitals|
– Kings Mill Hospital
– Mansfield Hospital
– Newark Hospital
|Vacancies for Healthcare Support Workers and more|
|Nottingham University Hospitals|
– Queens Medical Centre
– Nottingham City Hospital
|Current vacances for Healthcare Support Worker and more|
– Arnold Lodge
– Millbrook Unit
– Rampton Hospital
– Offender Health Teams
– Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
|Current vacancies for Healthcare Assitants, Community Support Workers and more|
|Nottingham City Care Partnership||Vacancies for Support Workers and more|
The Royal College of Nursing has some great information about joining the healthcare team – find out more here
Watch these videos to find out more information about the role