We are working with The Prince’s Trust to support recruit and train young people aged 16 to 30 who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare support workforce or in social care as part of their renowned ‘Get Into’ programme.
Employer – how it works
- You approach CARE4Notts to offer work placements/experience for young people
- A Get Into programme is designed in collaboration with you the employer and reflects the opportunities available.
- The Prince’s Trust, with its reach into communities, invites potential recruits to a ‘taster day’ which gives young people a flavour of what will be involved.
- Around a dozen are then selected to take part in an employability programme, which usually about 4 weeks long and includes some time in the workplace.
- At the end of the course, participants have the opportunity to complete for jobs and apprenticeships with the lead employer at interview.
An important part of the programme is an exploration of values and their importance in ensuring a high quality of care. Some employers have also introduced elements of the Care Certificate to give young people further insight into the demands of the role.
Further information can be found in this leaflet:
Do you want to work with some of our local organisations across health and social care, while improving your CV and interview techniques? You will meet new people and learn what it takes to get your foot in the door. Some courses include a trial shift with potential job offers available at the end.
How it works
- The courses run from two days to a few weeks
- Completely free and won’t affect your Jobseeker’s Allowance
- We’ll cover your travel and may be able to support with lunch and childcare costs
- After the programme, a Prince’s Trust colleague will mentor you for up to six months to help you plan your future.